Wednesday, May 26, 2010

goodbye and hello







Yesterday was very sad because Julia (our co-choreographer) went back home to Portland, OR. Her work and contributions to the BAAD Kinetics Tour are complete.




Twas a sad affair indeed when my fellow Italian Stallion departed. We all desperately wanted Julia to come on tour with us. She is a fine human to say the least, and I really enjoyed working with her in the studio and chillin' with her outside of studio time. We always had ourselves a good chuckle! Saying goodbye is a pain in the patella, and much to my dismay I suspect this is the first of many goodbyes to new friends I will make on this tour. Ciao Julia!









After Julia left our costume designer, Amy Fries of Vaunt Designs(http://www.vauntdesigns.com/), drove in from Philadelphia. Amy is a very talented artist who has the challenge of creating costumes for us that are very light (they must be light so we can carry them on our bicycles) yet crazy and appealing to an audience. It was nice because yesterday Amy went on a bike ride with us! Our bike ride yesterday was especially fun because we went on a fat kid field trip to the Big Dipper, which is the local ice cream stand! The ice cream was delectable and it was a good ride for our new guest to accompany us on. I am looking forward to Amy fitting me for my costume and letting the production of "Hot Mess" fall into place.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


At Alfred University I think it is safe to say that everyone knows everyone! Every time we walk somewhere Layla and Alexis bid hello to passerbys and we have many stop and chats. It is a very cool university and even though I go to Penn State, I feel as though I am an honorary Alfred student. I have a temporary Herrick Memorial library card, I have a full understanding of why Nana's is THE best place to eat, and I know to only grocery shop at Kinfolk (the best grocery store I daresay!). The locals are really great! In fact, one of Alfred locals, Billy, even helped me to come up with a name for my new bicycle! He wrote down a whole bunch of names for me on an index card with a pronunciation key included! It was quite funny.






We still have lots of work to do in to studio and our first performance is in Alfred this Friday! Ahhh! Where does the time go? I am looking forward to performing with Layla. We set out for the tour on our bikes officially this Saturday! Time is of the essence.

No comments:

Post a Comment